Maungdaw, Arakan State: Burma’s border security force (Nasaka) is earning money from local Rohingya villagers of Maungdaw Township by forcibly selling water- melons to the villagers with high price. It is a lucrative business for the Nasaka personnel, said a village trader who declined to be named.
Teknaf, Bangladesh: Body of a man was recovered and two others went missing when a Malaysian bound boat capsized with 20 - 30 boatpeople in the Bay of Bengal near Sabrong coast of Teknaf early morning, April 6 (Saturday), according to BGB official.
Teknaf, Bangladesh: Revenues from the Teknaf land port - a border trade corridor situated on the bank of Naf River at Teknaf - generated over Taka 54 million in March of the 2012-13 fiscal year (FY), according to a custom officer Humaun Khobir of Teknaf.
Maungdaw, Arakan State: A group of Marawaddy Natala villagers picked up seven cows of a Rohingya villager – Habib Ullah ,50, son of Meah Husson, hailed from Waisha- on April 2 at about 4:00 pm while the cattle were grassing in the field nearby forest, said a local villager on condition of anonymity.
- Two Rakhines Buddhist arrested in Bangladesh with pistols
- More new Rakhines seen in Maungdaw
- Rangoon 48th street Swadikia Quran memorizing school fire is tragedy or violence
- Ready to take all necessary measures and actions: OIC Secretary General
- Burma handovers four Bangladeshis
- 42 Rohingyas pushed back